How did Rise to the Challenge Consulting start?
Rise to the Challenge Consulting, LLC was established by Denise Whalin out of deep desire to empower others to increase their business acumen and life skills through coaching, teaching, training and group facilitation. Denise has a Master’s Degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology and more than 20 years of experience coaching, training and empowering individuals in the work environment; from blue collar to white collar.
Denise founded Rise to the Challenge with three goals in mind.
1. To provide small companies with organizational assessment and strategic planning to address workplace efficiency and productivity.
2. To provide training and facilitation services to organizations, small and large, interested in developing their talent through soft skills training programs.
3. To assist individuals interested in enhancing the soft skills that will empower them to manage challenges in the home and work environment with success and gratification.
What can Rise to the Challenge do for organizations?
Organizational success is highly dependent on the emotional and mental investment as well as the physical presence of the workforce. Without dedicated and engaged employees, the life cycle of an organization is drastically reduced. Maintaining and retaining engaged and invested employees should be high on the list of priorities for all successful organizations. Providing skills training (hard and soft) is just as essential as providing the proper tools to accomplish assigned tasks.
Denise consults with organizational decision makers and employees to achieve clear perspective of organizational issues. Denise offers assistance with:
• Assessment of organizational issues through consultation and observation.
• Devising creative and strategic plans through innovative brainstorming with all levels of organizational members.
• Developing organizational goals that are constructed in achievable and manageable steps promoting a higher success rate.
• Designing enhanced systems and processes to streamline workflow.
• Suggestions for individualized workspace organization promoting greater efficiency and productivity.
• Deliverance of appropriate training programs in the areas of leadership, time management and team building.
What can Rise to the Challenge do for individuals?
Soft skills, such as: higher order thinking skills (critical and analytical thinking and judgment), social skills, communication, self-control and positive self-concept are all skills that impact workplace success and are the same skills we all need to successfully manage life.
The skills Denise teaches in the professional realm are easily translatable to individuals outside of the work environment. She believes the more gratified and empowered individuals are, the better they will perform at work, at home and in life in general.
Think of Denise as your resource for innovative solutions to work place and personal challenges. Denise will help individuals:
• Identify “where you are now” and “where you want to be.”
• Strategize through creative and innovative brainstorming.
• Develop action plans based on S.M.A.R.T goal setting.
• Activate their specific skills to achieve their goals.
• Develop best practices for maintaining their skill set; enhancing workplace and personal success.